The ProSPER.Net Secretariat would like to invite members to submit self-nominations to host the upcoming ProSPER.Net programmes and events for 2022.
Over the years, the network members have taken turns in hosting ProSPER.Net General Assemblies, Board Meetings, the Young Researchers’ School, the Leadership Programme and the Sustainability Forum.
Hosting ProSPER.Net programmes/events gives the host institute a great opportunity for networking, promotion and capacity building. UNU-IAS will also provide support in promoting the programme to the wider UNU network. The ProSPER.Net Secretariat will gladly assist in designing an event programme, coordinating a timeline, and support to mobilise participants and speakers. (Please note however, the event host is requested to cover the organisational costs in most cases).
How to Apply
Member institutions interested in hosting 2022 ProSPER.Net events can self-nominate by completing an application form. A hosting member may invite other ProSPER.Net members located in neighbouring areas to co-host. In order to aid in the selection process, the following information will be required:
- Title of the event to host (multiple events may be proposed):
- Young Researchers’ School: for PhD students (duration usually 7 – 12 days)
- ProSPER.Net Sustainability Forum
- Other events (Please specify)
- Proposed dates
- Proposed modality (online, in-person, or hybrid)
- Location and capacity of proposed venue
- Proposed theme (for Young Researchers School, and Sustainability Forum)
- Tentative sources of funding (details on budget plan)
- Contact person(s) with relevant assigned tasks and/or responsibilities
- Any events that will be held back-to-back with the proposed event
Proponents are encouraged to explore any global, regional, or local sustainability related conferences or other activities that are within their geographic area which may be synergistic with ProSPER.Net activities when proposing a date and venue for the proposed events.
Considering the regulations of the host country, including travel restrictions in relation to COVID-19, please propose a suitable modality (online, in-person, or hybrid). In order to respond to the changing situation, flexibility in terms of the modality and programme will be necessary. The health and safety of participants is our first priority.
**Applications are now closed.**
Any inquiries should be addressed to: ProSPER.Net Secretariat (email@example.com).
Take a look at past events here:
Young Researchers’ School
- 2019 ProSPER.Net Young Researchers’ School – Ecosystem-based Disaster Risk Reduction and Climate Change Adaptation
- 2018 ProSPER.Net Young Researchers’ School – Sustainable Urban Development for the World’s Megacities
- 2017 ProSPER.Net Young Researchers’ School – Water Security For Sustainable Development In A Changing Climate
ProSPER.Net Sustainability Forum