The International Symposium on ‘Disaster Resilience and Sustainable Development’, to be held at the Asian Institute of Technology (AIT), Thailand, from 7-8 March, 2019, is currently calling for abstracts. The objective of the International Symposium is ‘to inculcate the integration of the Natural Science and Social Science approach towards DRR and Sustainable development through [a] multidisciplinary higher education process.’
The event is an initiative of the ProSPER.Net project ‘Disaster Resilience and Sustainable Development Education Network in Asia’, led by AIT (Thailand), along with partner universities Keio University (Japan), Universiti Sains Malaysia (Malaysia), and Miyagi University of Education (Japan).
The call for abstract submissions closes on 30 November, 2018. Thematic areas to be covered are:
- Disaster Risk, Education and Communication
- Sustainable Development and Resilience
- Disaster Risk Science and Engineering
- Trending Technologies in Natural Disaster Risk
- Disaster Data Science and Management