Following IPBES-6 in Medellin, Colombia, the Plenary in decision IPBES-6/1 approved:
- the undertaking of a methodological assessment regarding the diverse conceptualization of multiple values of nature and its benefits, hereafter referred to as “the assessment on values”;
- the undertaking of a thematic assessment of the sustainable use of wild species following IPBES-6; and
- the undertaking of a thematic assessment of invasive alien species, following IPBES-7, for consideration by the Plenary at IPBES-10.
The Multidisciplinary Expert Panel would like to formally invite governments and other relevant stakeholders:
- to nominate experts for:
- the assessment on values; and
- the assessment of the sustainable use of wild species; and
- to make offers for hosting a technical support unit (TSU) for:
- the assessment on values;
- the assessment of the sustainable use of wild species
Interested experts (Nominees) are encouraged to contact their IPBES National Focal Point (https://www.ipbes.net/national-focal-points) regarding any country-specific processes or deadlines and are requested to fill out their application form by no later than 1 June, 2018. Read full details of the call here.